Monday 8 January 2018

Darien Lake Theme Park Resort


Darien Lake is a theme park resort situated in Darien, New York, United States. It is owned by CNL Lifestyle Properties and managed by Premier Parks, LLC. In add-on to the amusement park, it features a campground, water park, and an on-site lodging.
The lake was used as a well-known swimming location for many years. In 1964, investor Paul Snyder opened up a modest campground and picnic place around the lake. Covering only a tiny portion of what is now the amusement park, there were no rides, simply hiking and picnic spots, a small baseball diamond, a skatepark, and other options found in a typical town or village park. In the late 1970s, Snyder started to add an attraction base, the 1st of which was a set of water slides over the lake called Hydro Force.

From the late 70s and into the early 80s, he included more points of interest such as a set of water slides on a hill near the park's entry called Rainbow Mountain, making an amusement park named Darien Lake Fun Country. Snyder made a deal with HUSS Park Attractions, switching Darien Lake into the North American showcase for the German manufacturer's new rides. As a result of this deal the park obtained rides such as the Pirate, Ranger, Thrillbilly and the Corn Popper, for use in the park and to give HUSS a place to show the trips to other prospective US and Canadian buyers. In 1982, the newly combined Arrow Huss built and launched the park's first major roller coaster, Viper.

How to reach Darien Lake ?
Exit 48A off NYS Thruway (I-90) and six miles south on Route 77 to 9993 Allegheny Road, Darien Center, NY 14040.
For GPS: Please use: 9993 Allegheny Road, Corfu, NY 14036

Directions From Canada
From Lewiston-Queenston Bridge : from customs, bear to the left. Take I-190 South. Cross the Grand Island Bridge. Once off the south bridge, keep to the right and take I-290 East towards Albany. Continue on I-290 for approximately seven miles. Get into the left lane and turn onto I-90 East towards Albany. Travel about 14 miles to exit 48A. Turn right after the tollbooth onto Route 77 South. The theme park is located six miles on the left.

From Rainbow Bridge : After customs, take the Rainbow Bridge to Quay Street. Turn right and enter the Robert Moses Parkway. Exit to the left towards the Grand Island Bridge (I-190 S). Take the first ramp on the right I-290 E/Youngman Expy via exit number 16 toward I-90/Tonawanda/Rochester. Merge onto I-90 E/NY State Thruway E via exit 1-49 on the left toward Albany. Follow the directions to Darien Lake as they are listed above.

From Peace Bridge : After customs, follow signs to I-190 South. Follow I-190 South and merge onto I-90 East towards Albany. Stay on I-90 East to exit 48A (Pembroke/Medina). Take a right onto Route 77 South off the exit. The theme park is located six miles south on the left.

Please visit our Canadian Bulletin information page for additional information.

Alternate Routes

From Buffalo: Take Route 20 East (Broadway) to Route 77. Continue north two miles.

From Rochester: Take NYS I-90 to exit 48A (Pembroke). Take Route 77 South six miles to 9993 Allegheny Road, Darien Center, NY 14040.

From east of Rochester/Syracuse: Take NYS I-90 to exit 46 (I-390 South). Take I-390 South to Route 20. Take Route 20 West to Route 77, continue two miles north.

From Corning/Elmira/Binghamton: Take Route 17/I-86 West to I-390 North. Take I-390 North to Route 20, continue west to Route 77, continue two miles north.

From Canada: Take I-90 to exit 48A. Go six miles south on Route 77.

From Cleveland/Pittsburgh and points west: take I-90 East to exit 48A. Continue six miles south on Route 77, or call for alternate routes.

Darien Lake Admission Tickets :
General Tickets
Adult : $38.99
Child (Under 48") : $29.99
Senior (Age 62 and Up) : $29.99
Vehicle Parking One Day :  $9
Click Here to Book Online : https://www.darienlake.com/tickets

Season Pass : $64.99
Click Here to Book online : https://www.darienlake.com/season-pass

Darien Lake Park Hours
10.00am – 07.00pm

Darien Lake Location
Darien lake Theme Park Resort, 9993 Allegheny Road, Darien Center, NY 14040.
Phone Number : 585.599.4641

Previous Post
First

About Author

0 comments: